Comic Con 2008 Originally uploaded by AccessWinnipeg
Wow. I am literally speechless. For $7.50 I became 8 years old again, running around this huge convention seeing the Leonardo figure I used to smash against Shredder making the *barash* noise. If you missed the Comic Con & Sci-Fi Expo then hopefully these pictures convince you to go next year.
[flickr align=”right”]photo:2372664010[/flickr]What I Purchased:
– McFarlane Halo 3 Ghost Vehicle Toy $5.00
– McFarlane Halo 3 Warthog Vehicle Toy $5.00
– McFarlane Aloha Elvis Toy $19.99
– Autograph + Photo w/ Erica Durance $30.00
Editor Mark D. and I relived much of our childhood last weekend and had a wonderful time doing so. As you can see, I’m a McFarlane Figure collector… There was a great showcase of various McFarlane figures, mostly Spawn and Halo. I am more of McFarlane NBA collector which this convention didn’t have much of (And thank goodness for that). The artist showcase were also amazing. There were amazing works of art for sale, a friend of mine ended up purchasing beautiful Wolverine rendition for $15, sold to him and signed by the artist. Some artists also offered to draw a picture of you (or anything you want) for x amount of dollars – getting myself drawn in superhero form was VERY tempting.
Some of the Highlights:
– Nintendo Virtual Boy (Yes!! It was there and for sale!)
– Atari Video Games
– Sealed Nintendo Classics (Chrono Trigger!)
– Beating down Halo 3 Master Chief (Nope, I didn’t tea bag)
– Crazy Yoda statue at the Star Wars Booth
– Meeting Erica Durance (Lois Lane on Smallville)
– Justin Hartley’s (Green Arrow on Smallville) with a huge black eye. He was also there with his wife Lindsay Korman who plays Theresa on Passions. Their daughter was also with them.
– Jedi Knight Training
– Some crazy old Century battles going on
– Awesome shwag bag with tons of goodies
Hit the jump for all the photos we took…