Canada Day unfortunately lands on a Thursday this year. I hope that most of you got Friday off work to enjoy and extra long weekend! Here is a list of what’s open and what’s closed on Canada Day 2010.
– Cineplex Theatres will be open (Twilight: Eclipse anyone?)
– St. Vital and Polo Park Shopping Centre both closed on July 1
– All government offices closed
– All libraries and leisure centres closed
– Assiniboine Park Zoo open from 9am – 6pm with FREE admission
– All indoor pools closed except Pan Am Pool which will be open 11am – 4pm
– All outdoor pools except Kildonan Park Pool will be open July 1
– City golf courses will be open from dawn till dusk.
– No residential pickup of garbage or recycling on Canada Day
– Multi-family apartments garbage pickup will continue as scheduled
– Winnipeg Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
– Winnipeg Transit will be operating a free Canada Day shuttle linking downtown, The Forks and Osborne Village from noon until midnight
– All Winnipeg Liquor Mart retail locations with the exception of the Cityplace store will be open July 1 from noon until 6 p.m.
Image HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! Originally uploaded by Brent_Thorkelson