The annual Safeway Boo at the Zoo kicks off today at the Assiniboine Park Zoo. Boo at the Zoo runs from October 14 – 30, 2010 (Closed on Mondays). It’s tons of fun for the whole family!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do adults and children need a ticket?
* Yes, everyone over the age of 23 months requires a ticket.
Should we wear a costume?
* Absolutely! We encourage all our guests (children and adults) to get into the spirit of the event by dressing up. Event staff and volunteers will be in costume, so why not you? Please remember however, security does not condone any “monkey” business and if your character is disruptive or gory you may be spoken with. Please note all our performers wear performer badges so that we know who is part of the show.
Is the Safeway Boo event scary?
* There is a scarier section for teens and adults, however when bringing children to the event it totally depends on the child. We do recommend that younger children come earlier in the evening while it is still dusk, this is also the best time for the kiddie rides.
* We specifically have designed Toddler Tuesdays to give those children and parents an opportunity to visit the event in a more fairytale setting.
Are the rides an additional cost?
* No. The rides are not an additional cost, they are included in the ticket price.
* The rides are geared towards children and not adults and they usually include a carousel, pony rides, a haunted house, car, boats, and motorcycle rides. Rides vary depending on weather and availability.
* Rides operate until 15 minutes prior to gate close or 8:45 p.m.
* There is no limit to the number of times you can go on a ride, it is dependent on line-ups.
What is the best time to arrive?
* We recommend that you arrive when the gates open if you are bringing young children so that they can experience all the rides without all the line-ups. Gates open at 5:30 on weekends and 6:00 on week days. We are closed on Mondays.
* The parking lots tend to fill up quickly as well, so please be prepared for a walk if you arrive later in the evening.
For more information head to the Zoo Society Website.
Image Boo at the Zoo Originally uploaded by mrgaskell