The Assiniboine Park Zoo wants to say “Thank you!” to the community this Thanksgiving.
All Zoo visitors will receive 25% off regular zoo admission until Monday, October 12, 2015. There will be a weeklong celebration that features family activities, appearances by Winston, the Assiniboine Park Zoo mascot, pumpkin presentations to the animals and more!
“We are very grateful for this last year and we really want to wish our supporters and the community a special Thanksgiving,” said Dr. Brian Joseph, Sr. Director Animal Management & Conservation, Assiniboine Park Conservancy. “This will be a wonderful event for all ages and it’s a great time of year to see the animals.”
To celebrate Thanksgiving, the following activities will be available until Monday, October 12, 2015.
- Photo Station (McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre) – Take the perfect Thanksgiving photo to
share with friends and family in front of a beautiful seasonal backdrop.
- Pumpkin Presentations (various locations) – watch the Zoo animals receive some special
pumpkin treats. Presentations will take place daily throughout the week.
- Tundra Grill – Enjoy the festive favourite Chicken Apple Dog, spiced with apples and fennel.
Only during the Thanksgiving Fall Festival at Tundra Grill.
Weekend Activities (Including Thanksgiving Monday):
- Family Activities (Event Tent) – face painting, horse shoes and crafts from 11 am to 3 pm.
- Meet Winston (Zoo entrance) – Take a photo with Winston the polar bear mascot from 10
am to 2 pm.
Also… Hudson the Polar Bear is turning four years old and everyone is invited to the party! From October 10 through October 12 the first 100 kids to the Zoo will get a FREE ice cream treat to celebrate.
See you all at the Zoo!