A new area code will be coming to Manitoba and could be in place by the end of 2012.
This is because of a rising amount of cell phone numbers, competitive land line carriers and the growth of population.
The new area code will be 431, and telephone subscribers will have to dial the appropriate area code and the seven digit number to make a local call.
Glenn Pilley, the director of the Canadian Numbering Administrator (CNA) said that the area code committee should finalize the plan within weeks. The tentative plans are as follows:
- * The second area code will come into place between May and October or November of 2012.
- * The new area code will be 431.
- * Telephone subscribers will have to dial the appropriate area code and the existing seven-digit number to make a local call.
- * The first 431 numbers will likely be assigned in early 2013 to new cell phone customers.
- * New landline customers will get their numbers with the 431 area code in late May 2013.
Now I can properly sing this song…
Image 16/365 A Nexus One Originally uploaded by julietteculver