Winnipeg Humane Society is offering a pretty awesome course – Pet First Aid.
The course will covering the following skills – which more pet owners should be trained for:
* how to approach a sick or injured dog or cat
* safe restraint and transport
* recognition and assessment of an emergency involving your pet
* to give lifesaving rescue breathing and CPR to cats and dogs with practice on a manikin used by veterinary schools
* choking, shock and severe bleeding
* how to handle common emergencies
* making a pet first aid kit and preparing for emergencies
* local contacts for pet welfare and emergencies
The cost of the course is $65 per person and it will be on July 19th from 6pm -10pm.
Registration is limited. To reserve your spot call Lindsay at 982-3555.
Check out the Humane Society website for more information and if you are in the mood to part with some cash click here to donate.
Image Thumbing Through The Pet First Aid Manual Originally uploaded by American Red Cross Oregon Trail Chapter