Once again, the Canadian Institute for Health information, has ranked Winnipeg as having the longest Emergency Room wait times in the Country.
90 percent of Winnipeggers waited an average of 5.5 hours in an Emergency Room. The Canadian average in 2016 was 3.1 hours.
Hospitals With Longest Wait Times:
- Concordia Hospital: 6.8 Hours
- Victoria General Hospital: 6.7 Hours
- St. Boniface General Hospital: 6.5 Hours
- Grace Hospital: 5.1 Hours
- Health Sciences Centre: 4.7 Hours
- Seven Oaks General Hospital: 4.4 Hours
Don’t forget that you can view live Emergency Room wait times online at http://www.wrha.mb.ca/wait-times/.
The 7 hospitals available are:
- Concordia Hospital
- Grace Hospital
- Health Sciences Centre – Adult
- Health Sciences Centre – Children’s
- Seven Oaks General Hospital
- St. Boniface Hospital
- Victoria General Hospital
The page will list how many patients are waiting, average wait time, and longest non-urgent wait. Even if the wait times appear long, you will be seen quickly if your condition is an emergency.